“My name is Gero, I’m 44-years-old. I work as a food production manager and my hobbies include motorcycling, fitness and hiking. I love nature. I ride just to be in nature, to relax and to clear my mind.”
1. In one word, why do you ride a motorbike?
2. What was it about Brixton Motorcycles that caught your attention?
I was looking for a 125cc motorbike and saw the Brixton for the first time on YouTube. I was immediately impressed by the stunning retro design.
3. Which Brixton do you ride and what do you like most about it?
I ride a Brixton Cromwell 125, the 2021 edition. I love the retro design of the Cromwell, the great sound of the 125cc engine and the smooth riding experience.
4. How long have you been riding?
19 months. I’ve always wanted to ride a bike and when I first saw a Brixton, I knew I wanted one.
5. What’s the craziest trip you’ve ever taken? Where do you plan to go next?
It was a 200 km trip on the roads of the German wine region, along the Rhine river. I met a lot of nice people during my stops in Koblenz or Cologne. Many people said to me: “What a cool bike, how old is it, 30?”, I answered “No, it’s new and 125cc”, they couldn’t believe it! I’m also planning a 600 km trip to different beautiful places in Austria soon.
6. What is the furthest trip from home you have ever made on your Brixton?
300 km. I’m from Bingen am Rhein and went to Munich. I went to the Oktoberfest with a couple of friends, they were all on motorbikes!
7. What is the most beautiful place you have visited in your Brixton?
Here where I live, we call it “Loreley”. It’s a craggy slate rock 132 metres high, on the right bank of the river Rhine in the Rhine Gorge. It is a beautiful scenic drive along the Rhine, even better when you walk along it at sunset. The road is located in a mountain gorge along the river. It is very peaceful and quiet.
8. Do you prefer driving on ocean roads or mountain passes?
The mountain passes are more pleasant. Test the Cromwell with all the curves, it’s more fun!
9. Best place to run out of gas?
In a lonely house on a lake with a log fire, good food and an even better bottle of gin.