“My name is Joss, I’m 30 years old. I’m originally from England but I’ve been living in France for the past 17 years. I work as a travelling sales rep for an Organic Tea Company, so I’m often on the road, checking out cool places to ride my bike. My hobbies include drinking tea, reading and riding.”
1. In one word, why do you ride a motorcycle?
2. What was it about Brixton Motorcycles that got your attention?
The British style of Brixton. I remember seeing a Cromwell in Paris, 2017 and thought, if I had a motorbike, it would be this one. Fast-forward three years and I bought one!
3. What Brixton are you riding? What’s your favourite thing about it?
The Cromwell 125. My favourite thing about it has to be its flexibility to be ride on-road or off-road.
4. How long have you been riding for?
Since June 2020.
5. How did you get into motorcycles?
Well my parents both ride, and a lot of people in my friend circle do too! I love to travel and thought it would be a fun alternative to using planes so much.
I really like the flexibility to ride on-road or off-road.
6. What’s the craziest ride you’ve been on? Where do you plan on going next?
My first road trip was such an adventure. With a group of friends, we rode for three days straight and went wild camping. At the end of each day, we would find somewhere to hang our hammocks and set up camp. We took the most winding roads across the South West of France thanks to a great application: Calimoto. We ended up doing about 700km. Next on the list: The French Pyrenees!
7. The furthest from home you’ve ever been on your Brixton?
So far it’s about 300km from home. But for me the kind of roads and the quality of the journey matter more than how far I can get.
8. The most beautiful place you’ve been on your Brixton?
A French medieval village called Rocamadour which is set in a gorge above a river. Definitely worth a visit if you get a chance to ride in France!
9. Would you rather ride on ocean roads or mountain passes?
I prefer to ride on ocean roads, especially on the South West coast. Biarritz is a dream.
10. The best place to run out of gas?
There’s definitely no great place to run out of gas!
Joss’ Motorcycle: Cromwell 125
Follow Joss on Instagram: @after_work_tourist_
Do you want to be the next rider of the month? Send us an email to email@example.com. We want to hear your Brixton story!