“I’m Anas and I work in sales in the printing industry. Usually I ride for my daily commute to meet all my clients. It not only gets me where I need to be, but it clears my mind at the same time. Sometimes I ride with friends, and on the weekend, I also bring my wife as a date.”
1. In one word, why do you ride a motorcycle?
2. What was it about Brixton Motorcycles that got your attention?
Convenience, affordability and the stylish retro look. I could stare at my bike for hours, just thinking about what I could do next to make it even more attractive.
3. You’ve made quite a few customisations to your Sunray, what’s next?
Next, I might change my speedometer from a single meter to a dual. Then replace the rear absorber for a lower one, repaint the tank to a brighter colour and rearrange the battery and fuse by adding a compartment under the seat.
4. What Brixton are you riding? What’s your favourite thing about it?
The Sunray 150 (Asian variant), and I love everything about it, inside and out. Every month, I slowly customise it to make it even better and more distinct. I customise everything, from the clips, the seat, the frames, the tank, and the mufflers. I try to stop, but I can’t!
5. How long have you been riding for?
I just got my bike in April 2022, so less than a year.
6. What’s the craziest ride you’ve been on? Where do you plan on going next?
A solo ride along west Malaysia from Selangor to Penang, which is a distance of 734 km. It was a work trip and it took almost 13 hours to ride there and back. It was a chill one, because I stopped a few times on the way to rest and eat. I enjoy solo rides, because you can set your own pace to get from A to B. I also love riding in a group though, which I get to do with a local motorcycle group called @DerhakaRiders. I’m planning a solo ride across the whole Malaysia state. Wish me luck!
7. What’s the furthest from home you’ve ever been on your Brixton?
I would say Penang. Also, last month I went for a ride to Kuantan, Pahang.
8. The most beautiful place you’ve been on your Brixton?
Pantai Sepat, Kuantan. It’s a very calm environment and clean beach. Not many people go there, except on public holidays.
9. Would you rather ride on ocean roads or mountain passes?
Ocean roads for sure! I love the beach!
10. The best place to run out of gas?
Beside a roadside food stall, so I can eat while thinking about how to refuel.