“My name is Gero, I’m 44-years-old. I work as a food production manager and my hobbies include motorcycling, fitness and hiking. I love nature. I ride just to be in nature, to relax and to clear my mind.”
1. In one word, why do you ride a motorcycle?
2. What was it about Brixton Motorcycles that got your attention?
I was looking for a 125cc motorcycle and saw the Brixton for the first time on YouTube. I was immediately impressed by the awesome retro design.
3. What Brixton are you riding? What’s your favourite thing about it?
I ride a Brixton Cromwell 125, the 2021 edition. I love the retro design of the Cromwell, the great sound of its 125cc engine and the smooth driving experience.
4. How long have you been riding for?
19 months. I’ve always wanted to ride and when I saw a Brixton for the first time, I knew I wanted one.
5. What’s the craziest ride you’ve been on? Where do you plan on going next?
It was a 200 km trip on the roads of the German wine region, along the river Rhine. I met many nice people during my stops in Koblenz or Cologne. Many people said to me “What a cool bike. How old is it, 30 years?”, I replied “No, it’s new and 125cc.” They couldn’t believe it! I am also planning a 600 km ride to a few different beautiful places in Austria soon.
6. What’s the furthest from home you’ve ever been on your Brixton?
300 km. I am from Bingen am Rhein and I rode to Munich. I went to the Oktoberfest with a couple of friends, everyone rode their motorbikes!
7. What’s the most beautiful place you’ve been on your Brixton?
Here where I live, we call it “Loreley”. It’s a 132-metre-high, steep slate rock on the right bank of the river Rhine in the Rhine Gorge. It’s a beautiful scenic ride along the Rhine, even better when you ride at sunset. The road lies in a mountain gorge along the river. It’s very peaceful and quiet.
8. Would you rather ride along ocean roads or mountain passes?
It’s a bit nicer on mountain passes. Putting the Cromwell to the test with all the curves, it’s more fun!
9. The best place to run out of gas?
At a lonely lake house with a log fire, good food and an even better bottle of gin!
Gero’s motorcycle: Brixton Cromwell 125
Follow Gero on Instagram: @gerodick
Do you want to be the next rider of the month? Send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to hear your Brixton story!