“I’m Xenia, a 34-year-old teacher born and bred in Barcelona, Spain, and I specialise in business training. Outside of work I enjoy fit-boxing, good walks, sunsets and travelling whenever I can. Oh, and of course going for a ride on a sunny day.”
1. In one word, why do you ride a motorcycle?
For the enormous sense of freedom. The joy of the air against your face as you rev up the gas. It makes me feel so connected to the world, much more so than any other mode of transport.
2. What was it about Brixton Motorcycles that got your attention?
That’s obvious! All Brixton models are so beautiful. There’s not a day where I don’t receive a look, a compliment, or a question!
3. What Brixton are you riding? What’s your favourite thing about it?
My riding partner is the Brixton Cromwell 125. I fell in love with her green colour. Before I saw her for the first time, I had not come across another bike in that colour. I also love her wheels – quite large and robust for a 125 cc. I saw her and said: that’s the one for me! It’s also a very agile and light motorcycle, so it’s perfect for getting around the city and out in the open, too.
4. How long have you been riding for?
I’ve shared my journeys with her for approximately four and a half years. In this time I’ve travelled beautiful roads and I’ve met wonderful people from the Brixton community.
5. You’ve had your bike for over four years, have you made any changes to your bike?
I haven’t customised my bike in those four years, and I have no plans to. It’s too pretty as it is!
6. What’s the craziest ride you’ve been on? Where do you plan on going next?
Craziest ride? I think it’s still to come. I’ve only explored quieter routes. I am currently considering taking on The Silent Route, a beautiful 63 km route here in Spain. Another dream of mine is to take her to Italy and get lost in its winding roads.
7. What’s the furthest from home you’ve ever been?
I’ve never been that far, really. The furthest is about 60 km away from Barcelona.
8. What’s the most beautiful place you’ve been on your Brixton?
Anywhere around the incredible roads surrounding Vilafranca del Penedès, near Barcelona. There are incredible landscapes and paths surrounded by vineyards and fields of colour.
9. Would you rather ride along ocean roads or mountain passes?
It’s very difficult for me to choose one, because I really enjoy both. I can’t help talking to myself while riding, like “Wow, it’s so beautiful!”. But I guess if I had to choose among the two… I’d say I’m a mountain girl.
10. The best place to run out of gas?
Hahaha, in my parking spot! Or on a downhill.
Xenia’s motorcycle: Brixton Cromwell 125
Follow Xenia on Instagram: @xesnins7
Do you want to be the next rider of the month? Send us an e-mail to email@example.com. We want to hear your Brixton story!