“My name is Kev Mason, I am a health coach, photographer and personal trainer. I left the British Army eight years ago and became self employed. Working as a chef and health coach has pushed me to become a photographer and I’ve recently become very interested in film making too. I find riding gives you so much freedom and the chance to quickly get to places without always having to take the car. It’s also better for the environment, so choosing motorbikes just made sense to me. I enjoy taking photos with the bikes and plan on filming some
videos very soon.“
1. In one word, why do you ride a motorcycle?
2. What was it about Brixton Motorcycles that got your attention?
My wife bought one first and I loved the style, it had a classic British look. She bought the Felsberg which was a military style and I like that as I am Ex British Army.
3. What Brixton are you riding? What’s your favourite thing about it?
When I saw the Rayburn it reminded me of an old school WW2 kinda bike. I thought it had character that would fit me. I really like the style, single seat, low riding style and a rack on the back for my camping gear.
4. How long have you been riding for?
Only been riding a few months now. After riding my wife’s bike I knew I needed one of my own.
5. Where would you ride, if you could go anywhere in the world?
If I could go anywhere, I would love to ride the French alps into Italy.
The bike has a character that fits me.
6. What’s the craziest ride you’ve been on? Where do you plan on going next?
So far most of my rides have been local, up to around 50km from my house, we plan to travel down to Bonn, Germany in the next weeks, we will stop half way for a break and camp.
7. The furthest from home you’ve ever been on your Brixton?
As above, only local so far but plans to tour Germany are underway.
8. The most beautiful place you’ve been on your Brixton?
I was very spontaneous one evening and decided to “chase the sunset”, as I am also an amateur photographer I thought I would be fast and fun to do it on the bike, I caught some great photos of the sun setting over the industry buildings around Osnabrück, over the canals and fields. Sometimes you can forget that there are beautiful places close by and its all about perspective.
9. Would you rather ride on ocean roads or mountain passes?
I am looking forward to both the mountains and the oceans, taking photos and riding free, but you can’t beat the sea air…
10. The best place to run out of gas?
Thankfully I have not had this experience yet but I will let you know when I do. 🙂
Kevs Motorcycle: Rayburn 125
Follow Kev on Instagram: @my_side_hustle_primal_fotos
Do you want to be the next rider of the month? Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to hear your Brixton story!