“My name is Ian, I was born and bred in Hong Kong. I’m a founder of a personal training studio, and an e-commerce marketing firm. My hobbies are working out and riding my Brixton!”
1. In one word, why do you ride a motorcycle?
2. What was it about Brixton Motorcycles that got your attention?
The retro style. I’ve always liked retro-styled stuff, motorcycle or not.
3. What Brixton are you riding? What’s your favourite thing about it?
I’m riding the Sunray 125. I can’t really pick just one thing! But to name a few, I’d say its impressive fuel economy, agility to slip through traffic, and awesome café racer style. I have plans to lower the clip-ons to achieve a more café racer look, and then wrap the seat leather in brown. I’m still trying to find the time for that, but it’s ok as the original look is already fire!
4. How long have you been riding for?
I only got my license in March this year but I got my Brixton right away, so around half a year!
5. You’ve founded two companies, how does your Brixton fit into your busy schedule?
Yes, I’m a founder of a personal training studio, and an e-commerce marketing firm. I’ve been a personal trainer (PT) for four years, but I’ve just started my own PT company. It’s been a lifelong goal of mine because fitness has been a major part of my life. I figured with my marketing skills from my e-commerce firm, it’d be a good time to go for it. Although it’s going to be a very busy few months! Riding my Brixton is a great stress reliever. Once I’m on the bike, it’s the same feeling as putting on your earphones before a workout – you filter out all the distractions and enter the zone. Doing what you truly like can set your mind and body free.
6. What’s the craziest ride you’ve been on? Where do you plan on going next?
I’ve only been riding for half a year, so no crazy experiences yet. If I have to pick one, I’d say it’s the ride home from the dealership, since it was my first official ride on the road. I plan on going on a whole round trip around Hong Kong, which shouldn’t take long since Hong Kong is so small.
7. The furthest from home you’ve ever been on your Brixton?
As I said, Hong Kong is too tiny to be too far from home. The furthest I went was around 50 km from my home to the airport.
8. The most beautiful place you’ve been on your Brixton?
The aircraft maintenance area in Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong. With stunning views of the ocean and aircraft taking off.
9. Would you rather ride on ocean roads or mountain passes?
Ocean roads. As there isn’t many where I live.
10. The best place to run out of gas?
Right next to a gas station!
Ian’s motorcycle: Brixton Sunray 125
Follow Ian on Instagram: @icccs_
Do you want to be the next rider of the month? Send us an email to email@example.com. We want to hear your Brixton story!