“My name is Marco Maywald, I’m 26 years old and I live in Dresden, Germany. I’m a mechatronics engineer, so my job also happens to be my hobby as I love technology and fixing things up by hand. And in my free time, I repair cars or build motorcycles with my friends. Whenever I’m on a ride, I also like taking pictures in nature.”
1. In one word, why do you ride a motorcycle?
2. What was it about Brixton Motorcycles that got your attention?
The design reminds me of a retro style. Also, Brixton bikes have a lot of cool little details as well as modern technology.
3. What Brixton are you riding? What’s your favourite thing about it?
I ride a Brixton Crossfire 125XS. I like its size, you can ride it anywhere you want – there’s nowhere out of reach. It’s a lot of fun to drive around the corners. And when I ride through a new city, some people look round as I pass them by.
4. How long have you been riding for?
Since 2019. And my Brixton since February 2021.
5. How did you get into motorcycles?
In my hometown there aren’t many buses… So as a youth I rode a small bike, like most of my friends. I’ve been riding since 2019, which lets me go to places where cars can’t. With my friends we search for new spots where we’ll stay or take pictures. Day trips with a bike are more exciting than with a car or bicycle.
6. What’s the craziest ride you’ve been on? Where do you plan on going next?
During my last holidays, I drove for a week with my friend through Germany to different places. We visited some cities or viewpoints and slept every night in a different place. On the last two days, we met our friends in south Germany. Together we drove through the mountain passes, aiming for Bodensee on the border to Austria. My next plan is to go further… Maybe to Norway or Sweden. But I think with a bigger Brixton and more time.
7. The furthest from home you’ve ever been on your Brixton?
It was my journey to south Germany towards Bodensee.
8. The most beautiful place you’ve been on your Brixton?
We have a point outside the town on a small mountain. From there you can see the whole city. It’s much more special when I go there at night and see all the city lights.
9. Would you rather ride on ocean roads or mountain passes?
Definitely on mountain passes.
10. The best place to run out of gas?
I grew up in a small village and every youth has a small motorbike. So the best place would be a small town like this, where I can spend the day meeting other people who share the same interests.